Connect to Us RSS

Business license & managing director's license

Business license
Did you know that all businesses need a business license before starting their commericial activities?

Managing director’s license
Did you know that managing directors, not born in Aruba and who do not have the Dutch nationality should apply for a director’s license at the Department of Economic Affairs? It is possible to apply for the managing director’s license at the same time as you are applying for the business license.

For more information on these licenses, contact the Department of Economic Affairs,

Extra opening hours license

In case you would like your business to be open on Sundays and holidays, you can apply for an extra opening hours license at the Department of Economic Affairs. This applies to all businesses, except food & beverage establishments, hotels and other establishments offering lodging facilities.

For more information, contact the Department of Economic Affairs,

Street vendor's license

When planning to approach your clients directly on the streets, or opening a booth, a snack truck or any other business where you sell on location, then you will need a street vendors license. This license is applied for at the Oranjestad Police Station and is issued by the Ministry of General Affairs (Ministerie van Algemene Zaken).

Restaurant & liquor license

Whole sale license
All businesses selling wholesale alcoholic beverages need a whole sale license before activities can start.

Retail liquor license
Are you planning to start a retail business selling beer or any other alcoholic beverage? Then make sure to apply for your liquor license before opening.

Koffiehuisvergunning (liquor license)
A different type of liquor license, called the koffiehuisvergunning in Dutch, also applies to all bars, cafe’s, lounges, restaurants or any other food and beverage restaurant where alcoholic beverages are sold.

Restaurant licenses
In case the above mentioned establishments also serve food, then it is necessary to apply for a restaurant license as well. Both licenses can be applied for simultaneously. 

When bars, cafe’s, lounges and restaurants wish to be open after regular opening hours, which is 11:00 pm during the week and 1:00 am during the weekends & holidays, beware that a “late opening hours-license” is necessary. The establishment should also have a license for having music entertainment and dancing facilities.

For more information on these licenses and the application procedure & requirements, contact the Deptartment of Legislation & legal Affairs (Directie Wetgeving en Juridische Zaken), This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Water sport license

An additional license is also applicable for all motorized vessels and motorized personal watercrafts, such as jet skis. This license is issued by the Navigation Department (Directie Scheepvaart).

Chamber News & Views Sign up